You can use your GFI Software – like the famous FaxMaker – to send SMS with LOX24. All you have to do is to register for an LOX24 account and change the SMS settings in your software.
1. You must be subscribed to LOX24
2. Your SMTP server configured in the settings must be able to send e-mails
3. You need access to the internet
- From GFI FaxMaker Configuration, right-click SMS and select Properties.
- In General tab, select Enable SMS Gateway.
- Select Generic SMS service provider template and configure the following settings
If you are using the GFI NetworkServerMonitor:
- Right click on the ‘Alerting Options’ node and select ‘Properties’.
- Click on the ‘SMS’ tab and from the SMS System dropdown,
- Select ‘Generic SMS service provider template and configure the following settings
SMTP-Server: Specify your own mail server or the mail server of your service provider. You can use the same mail server which you are using to send your normal mails.
SMTP-Port: SMTP port number for the SMTP-Server defined above
From: Your mail address
To: [smsnumber]@email2sms.lox24.eu (Do not change this mail address, please include the )
CC: (Optional) Enter the mail address where you want to get a copy of the mail/SMS
Body line 1: ID#Password#Service#From (You have to enter for ID, Password, Service and From your own data. Please keep # as seperator of the data)
Body line 2-x: empty
ID: LOX24-Account-Number. Also used for login. Example: 1234
Password: MD5 Hash of the Account Password. Example: 81dc9bdb52d04dc20036dbd8313ed055
Service: Service ID/API-ID of the sms Type you want to use. You can find the ID in your Web-Account, first page, Dashboard. Example: 12345
From: Sender-ID. Max. 15 numbers or 11 text characters Number Examples: +491701234567,01701234567,00491701234567,Text:Abcdefghijk
- Click OK.
(Optional) To verify settings click Send test…. Key in a test recipient Number to send SMS to and customize the Text message. Click Send to send the test message. Verify that the test SMS is received by the test recipient.